Grindr Web is a browser-based version of Grindr (currently available only to our XTRA and Unlimited subscribers) that can be accessed via your laptop, smartphone or tablet. You can check out who’s nearby, chat, and more – all without downloading the Grindr app!
- How to access Grindr Web
- Grindr Web highlights
- App-only features
- How to download your personal data via Grindr Web
How to access Grindr Web
How to log in
You can log into Grindr Web at web.grindr.com/login using your normal Grindr login credentials (email & password, or third-party).
Grindr Web is supported by the following browsers:
- Chrome (version 111.0.5 and above)
- Firefox (version 111.0.1 and above)
- Microsoft Edge (version 111.0 and above)
- Safari (version 16.3 and above)
Note: It is not currently possible to create a new Grindr account using Grindr Web. All new accounts must be created using the Grindr app.
Staying Logged In
Once you’re logged in, you’ll see an option to Stay Logged In. Simply toggle this on to remain logged in, or toggle it off to be logged out after 15 minutes of inactivity.
Location access and pop-ups are required to use Grindr Web. You'll need to accept location permissions when prompted by your browser (or follow the relevant browser-specific steps below), and ensure that pop-ups are allowed through your browser.
- Click the three vertical dots icon in the right-hand corner of your browser window, then select Settings
- Click Privacy & Security
- Go to Site Settings and select Location
- Allow Grindr access to your location through the pop-up “Sites can ask for your location”
- Go to web.grindr.com
- Tap the information icon next to the website URL
- Go to Permissions
- Select Location
Desktop version of Safari:
- Click “Safari” in the top left-hand corner of your left screen (from you computer’s header menu)
- Select Preferences then Websites
- Go to Location, select Grindr, then select Allow
- Navigate back to web.grindr.com and allow Grindr Web access to your location
iOS version of Safari:
- Make sure you're not in private browsing mode. Safari will automatically block location services while in private browsing mode.
- Open iOS Settings
- Select Privacy
- Select Location Services then Safari.
- Once here, make sure you've allowed Safari access to your location "While Using the App"
If you’ve allowed Grindr location permissions from your browser but are still seeing an error, make sure your computer allows apps to detect its location:
Grindr Web highlights
Escape Hatch provides an extra layer of privacy by allowing you to quickly exit Grindr Web, automatically opening a Google tab in its place, and clearing your browser history – all at once. Escape Hatch is available exclusively on desktop.
To activate Escape Hatch, quickly press the ESC button three times.
Purchases made on Grindr Web won’t say “Grindr” anywhere on your billing statement. Instead, they’ll show up as “GW BILLING” – providing you an extra layer of privacy.
Approximate Location on Grindr Web allows you to blur your exact distance from other people, by displaying your profile to others in a randomized location within 500 to 1,500 meters of where you actually are.
Although you have to share your location with your browser to use Grindr Web (see above), you can then head to Settings to turn on Approximate Location. Grindr will then use this randomized location to determine and display your distance away from other profiles on the grid. When you share your location in a chat, your profile will also show you at this approximate spot in the map.
While you’re using Approximate Location, it won't be clear to other people that you’re blurring your location.
As part of Grindr’s transition to a new chat system, you’ll see all of your chats from January 13, 2023 onward in your Grindr Web inbox – even if you’ve since deleted your account, or removed the Grindr app from your phone. No more losing all chats!
Grindr on desktop
Grindr Web offers an enhanced browsing and chatting experience on desktop, with a bigger grid and fullscreen profile views. When viewing a fullscreen profile, just scroll in your browser window to see the whole thing.
You’ll need to use the Grindr app to access the following features and functionalities:
- Create a new account
- Back up your chats
- View expiring photos/videos
- Manage your subscription, or make other purchases on Grindr
- Browse the Fresh or Explore grids
- Record audio or video messages (Note: Recording audio messages is only available if you’re using Grindr Web on Safari)
- Pinned conversations
- Persistent filters between your app and the web
- Saved phrases
- Video chatting
- Chat message translation
How to download your personal data via Grindr Web
Follow the steps below to download your data via Grindr Web:
- Click your profile picture thumbnail, and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the Security and Privacy section and click Download Data.
- Click Start to begin the process.
- Enter the email address where you’d like your data to be sent.
- Click Send Confirmation (Note: you’ll be prompted to double check that your email address, as your data will be sent here, and anyone with access will be able to view it).
- Check your email for a verification code from Grindr.
- Enter that code when prompted, in order to verify your access to that email account.
That’s it! You'll receive an email when your data is ready for download. This can take up to 30 days.
If you have feedback for us on Grindr Web, we’d love to hear it! Let us know here.