Running into trouble creating a Grindr account? Seeing a funky error message? Check out our troubleshooting tips to get up and running.
- General registration troubleshooting
- "Maximum Number of accounts" error message
- "Registration error" error message
- Related articles
General registration troubleshooting
- Ensure that you’re using the latest version of the Grindr app (Android/iOS).
- Check to see if you’re in a region where Grindr is blocked due to government restrictions.
- Force close Grindr.
- Restart your device.
- Enter your email address with lowercase letters (your login is case-sensitive!).
- Try a different email address when registering.
- Test your cellular network and/or wifi connection.
- Confirm that all required fields are filled out and that you are 18+.
- Using a VPN? Turn it off and reopen the app.
- Android user? Do not save the app inside a secure folder.
- Registering with a third-party account (Google, Facebook, etc.)? Ensure that you are logged in to the third-party account before registering.
- Wait 24 hours and try again (we know how technology can be!).
"Maximum number of accounts" error message
If you’re seeing the “Maximum number of account” error message, you’ve already created a Grindr account under that email address. You can create a new account under a different email address.
“Registration error” error message
If you’re seeing the “Registration error” error message, please submit a request to us along with the following information:
- A screenshot of any error messages you’re running into
- The method you’re using to create your account (ie. email, Google, Facebook, etc.)
- The email address you’re using, if you’re creating via email address and password
- Your location (ie. London, UK; please also note if you’re using a VPN)
- Your device (ie. iPhone X, Samsung Galaxy s22, etc.)
If you’re still having trouble, please submit a request to us with a screenshot of the error message, time that the error occurred, and your IP address at the time of the error.