If you're having issues creating a Grindr account, we are here to help :) Below you’ll find a list of scenarios that are often the cause of account creation issues.
- Troubleshooting checklist
- "Maximum Number of accounts" error message
- "Registration error" message
- Related articles
We recommend you start here, checking off each point on this list in order:
- Check if you are using the latest version of the Grindr app (Android/iOS).
- If you're creating an account using Google, Facebook, or an Apple ID, you must be logged in to the desired third-party account before creating the account.
- Check the credential fields, they are case sensitive. Enter email address using lower-case letters only.
- Try using a different email address when creating the account.
- Make sure you aren’t in a region where Grindr is blocked due to government restrictions.
- If you're using a VPN, try turning it off, and opening the app again.
- Test your cellular network and/or wifi connections.
- Try restarting your device, or force-stopping or force-closing the app.
- Android Specific - do NOT save the app inside a secure folder e.g. Samsung's "Secure Folder".
- Confirm that all required fields have been filled out and that you are 18 years of age or older.
- Try creating an account again in 24hours (we all know how technology can be!).
If you've checked off this entire list and are still having issues, please contact us, and include the following:
- A screenshot of the error message you're seeing.
- The time that the error occurred.
- Your public IPv4 address at the time the error occurred. You can find that out here.
"Maximum number of accounts" error message
If you see this error when you try signing up, it means that you have already created the maximum number of Grindr accounts you can have on this email address. Try logging into one of your previous accounts, or creating a profile under a new email address.
“Registration error” message
If you see this error when you are trying to create a new account on Grindr, you'll need to get in touch with us. Please include the following information in your email:
- The method you are using to create your account (e.g. email & password, Google, Facebook, etc.)
- If you are creating your account using an email and password, send us the email address you are using.
- Your location (e.g. New York, USA.)