Ensuring that you have the most updated version of Grindr on your device is important for it to work correctly. This article will inform you how to update your Android OS and Apple OS, the minimum requirements in software to run Grindr, and other related topics.
Minimum device version required
As of July 2021, Grindr’s minimum device operating system requirement on Android is 5.0 and on iOS 11.3 or later. As for the supported versions of the app itself, there is Grindr version 7.6.1+ (Android) and Grindr version 7.10.0+ (iOS).
For security reasons, if your device runs an older version of these operating systems, Grindr will not be supported and you will need to upgrade your device to a compatible version.
If you're using a now unsupported device, your account will not be deleted but will need to be accessed on a supported device if you’d like to keep using Grindr.
Updating your Android OS
The following instructions apply to most Android Devices:
- Open your device's Settings app.
- Near the bottom, tap System > System updates. (If needed, first tap "About Phone" or "About Tablet".)
- You'll see your update status. Follow any on-screen steps.
For assistance with your specific device, please visit the Android Help Center.
Updating your iOS
The following instructions apply to most iOS Devices:
- Open your device's Settings.
- Select General in your settings.
- Select Software UpdateIf an update is available, you'll be able to select Download and Update.
For assistance with your specific device, please visit Apple Support.