Welcome to Grindr! Below you'll find steps for getting your profile off the ground. That said, if you're still having trouble getting started, get in touch with us here. First things first, you’ll have to download the Grindr app on your device:
iOS: Download Grindr here
Android: Download Grindr here
- Email & password
- Apple ID (for iOS)
- Grindr Web
- Accessing data and chats
- Related articles
Email & password
Creating a Grindr account using your email is easy! Here are the steps:
- Manually type in the email address you'd like to use.
- Create a password.
- Confirm your password.
- Scroll to select your Date of Birth.
- Select Finish.
- We'll ask you to prove you're not a robot, and then you're free to make your profile!
If you'd like to create your account through Facebook, you can follow the steps below:
- Select the Facebook icon.
- Your device should notify you that Grindr wants to use Facebook.com to sign in.
- Select Continue.
Note: If Facebook is not installed on your device, the app will redirect you to a mobile web browser for login authorization. Once you've logged in and authorized your Facebook account for use, Grindr will log you in to your profile.
If you choose to use your Google account to create your Grindr account, here's what you need to do:
- Select the Google icon.
- Select the Google account you'd like to use.
- Select Next.
Note: If Google is not installed on your device, it will direct you to the browser for login authorization. When your Google account already exists in Grindr's account system, select the account you used to create the previous profile and it will log you in to your existing profile. If you select a new Google account, it will create a new profile.
Apple ID (for iOS)
Before using your Apple ID to sign in, make sure you have the latest version of our app, and that you're logged in to your Apple ID.
- Select Sign In with Apple.
- If you are using an Apple device that has Touch ID or Face ID, you can use both these features or enter in your details manually.
- If you choose to do it manually, then enter your Apple ID email.
- Enter your Apple ID password.
- Tap on continue.
- Grindr Terms of Service will pop up - select Proceed to continue.
Notes on this method:
- If your Apple ID is attached to a pre-existing account, you will automatically be logged into that account.
- Our Support Team cannot change passwords for you if you forget them. Make sure you log in using the same Apple ID you used when creating your Grindr account.
There is currently no desktop version of Grindr - the only way to use Grindr is to download the app. That said, many members of the community have requested a web version of Grindr that can be used on a PC, Mac, etc. Our team is assessing the potential for re-implementation. We don’t have a timeline on when, or if, Grindr Web will be available, but we’ll share any updates via the app, and here in the Help Center.
Accessing data and chats
After creating and accessing your account on a supported device, you will retain access to your data, account, and chats. That said, we do recommend regularly making a backup of your chat history to ensure its safety from any loss.
You can learn more about chat back up here, and request a copy of your account data from us here.