We don’t allow anyone to spam other people with links, use Grindr to advertise anything, or to buy or sell stuff (or services). We appreciate a good side-hustle, and it’s cool to invite people to an event you’re going to, but Grindr is for making connections with people, not making money.
Examples of breaking this rule include:
- Asking for money; giving out Venmo/ Cash App/ PayPal/ bank account info, asking for payment/ cash in person
- Asking for gifts or donations: for example sharing Amazon wishlists, asking someone to buy a certain product or service or to pay a bill, unwanted solicitation or advertising for a charity or organization
- Advertising or sending of promotional materials for a business, club, event, contest, or organization
- Sugar daddy/baby arrangements, "gen"/ generous, “pay to play” or p2p, findom, paid massages, escorting services
- Offers to buy any kind of good or service, using Grindr to find people to sell you something
- Using Grindr to conduct research or surveys, or to send requests to participate in surveys or studies
- Bulk mailing of commercial advertising, chain mail, informational announcements, charity requests, and petitions for signatures
- Images focusing mainly on a product logo or brand, featuring website addresses for a particular company, or otherwise promoting or advertising
- Images depicting or focused on cash, credit cards, etc.
- Emojis commonly associated with buying/ selling goods or services, ie: 🌹 🤑 💸 🧊 🍁 🎁 🅱️ 🚕 💈💍
If you come across a profile that is using Grindr for commercial purposes, please report it in-app, so that our moderation team can review.
Appealing a ban
If you think you were banned incorrectly for commercial activity, you can submit a ban appeal here. Your appeal will be reviewed by a trained team member who was not involved in the initial decision to ban your profile. They’ll let you know if we require any additional information when reviewing your appeal.
We do require all ban appeals to be submitted through this form; if you email us about your ban instead, we will only redirect you back to the form linked above.