There are several reasons why you may not see certain profiles in your Grid or inbox.
When a profile is banned for breaching our Community Guidelines, we will remove their presence from the app entirely. This includes messages they've sent to others.
It's also possible that this person has deleted their Grindr profile -- doing so will remove all of their data as well as messages they've sent to others.
Finally, if someone has blocked another profile, the profile they've blocked will no longer see them on the app (or, in their inbox).
For privacy reasons, we're unable to confirm or deny if any of these scenarios may apply to you.
Profile loading error
If the photo thumbnails in your chat stream appear as empty bubbles or loading spinners, follow the steps below:
1. From the Home screen, double-click the Home button to view the multitasking screen.
2. Locate the Grindr Window.
3. Swipe your finger from the bottom to the top of the screen over the Grindr window.
4. Restart your device.
5. Open Grindr.
1. Exit Grindr and go to your Android device's Home Screen.
2. Go To Settings.
3. Go To Applications.
4. Go to Application Manager (this may be listed as Manage Applications on older versions).
5. Find and tap Grindr.
6. Tap Storage and then Clear Cache.
7. Now go back and tap Force Stop.
8. Exit back to the Android Home Screen.
9. Relaunch Grindr.
Then chat with people near you and look through some of your recent conversations. You should be able to see and open photos in chat.