Grindr is committed to creating a safe and authentic environment where diversity, mutual respect, and sex-positivity thrive. It should go without saying, but we don’t allow hate speech or racism in our community. Grindr is committed to being actively anti-racist.
What we can do together:
1. Raise awareness, speak up, and condemn racism
- Report racism on Grindr if you see it. We have no tolerance for racism or hate speech on the app and will take action. Read more on reporting here.
- Use your voice and share your story to call out prejudice and spark change. In addition to reporting, you may want to safely stand up for others as a bystander. You can keep comments short and simple if you see racism on a profile - i.e. “That’s inappropriate, disrespectful, not okay, etc.” or “That word comes from a racist stereotype and could hurt someone”. Learn more from resources here and here from Hollaback.
2. Educate yourself and others
We’ve compiled some links and resources below. Please read, share freely, and let us know if there’s anything you think should be included:
Sexual racism and dating app-specific resources
- Kindr Grindr
- Grindr users talk about sexual racism
- The Daily Show: When preferences become discrimination
- Nice AF
How to call out negative speech online
Help moving forward
3. Support and donate to organizations working to combat racism
There are many organizations doing great work. Here are a few:
4. Let us know what you’d like to see us do
We're actively working on new features. We'd love to hear your ideas and feedback.