At Grindr, we are always here to help -- even if you're looking for the door. In this article, you'll find:
Deleting your profile
Choose your operating system below (or scroll down) for steps on deleting your Grindr profile.
- Tap on your Grindr profile.
- Select the Settings ⚙️ icon on the top-left corner.
- Tap on Deactivate.
- Select "Delete Account".
- Tap a reason for your account deletion.
- Provide us with some brief feedback (optional).
- Verify your account -- only necessary if you created the account using an email & password.
- Select Delete Profile.
- Tap on your Grindr Profile on the top-left corner.
- Select the Settings ⚙️ icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll to the bottom of the menu.
- Tap on Delete Profile.
- We’d like you to let us know why you’re leaving, but you can skip this part if you want to.
- Enter your profile email address -- only necessary if you created the account using an email & password.
- Select "Delete Profile".
- Deleting your profile does NOT cancel your premium subscription. Read about doing that here.
- When you decide to delete your account, all personally identifiable data will be removed from Grindr’s systems.
Can I recover a deleted profile?
Unfortunately, a deleted profile can't be recovered as this is a permanent action. You can, however, create a new profile using the same credentials. If you are a premium user, you can create a new account and restore your purchase, but all data and chats will unfortunately not be available.
Removing the app from your device
Below you’ll find the instructions on how to remove the application from the different operating systems:
Removing Grindr from your Android Device
- First, open the Settings app on your device.
- Select General.
- Then select Apps.
- Select Grindr and delete.
Removing Grindr from your iOS device
- From the Home Screen of your device, tap and hold Grindr.
- When it starts to jiggle, select the black (x) icon in the top-right corner.
- Tap Delete to confirm.
Please note: if you remove the Grindr app from your phone and you haven't backed up your data, your chat conversations, saved phrases, and photos in your chat history will disappear, but your profile information (ie, photo, about, favorites, and blocks) won't be affected.
Restoring your subscription purchase