On the latest releases of Grindr for Android and iOS, you are able to mute individual chats or Group Chats
When using Chat Muting:
- If you mute another user you will no longer receive their notifications.
- Muted chats won’t disappear. You will still be able to receive the muted user’s messages, but you will not receive a push notification about it. It will be only accessible through your profile’s inbox.
- A Chat backup will record if you muted a user or not, so when you restore your backup, any muted user will continue that way.
- You can only mute others through your inbox. The user who got muted will not be notified. Muted users will not receive video chat notifications.
- To mute a chat, you will need to long-press on the chat you want to mute in the inbox section:
- You will be able to multi-select various chats and mute them all at once.
- When selecting multiple chats that contain muted and unmuted users, the buttons on the top will go with the first selected (muted or unmuted).
- To unmute a chat/group chat you will need to long-press the muted chat(s) again and the mute button will show up for you to unmute it.
If you are not able to mute/unmute users, make sure you try: