It’s always a good idea to have people know where you’ve gone. It is also best to have an emergency plan. For example, have a friend come meet you if you don’t call them after a certain period. Also, when you meet someone for the first time, try not to carry too many personal items such as credit cards or cash. There are some useful applications that help you track your steps for your personal safety such as “Trusted Contacts” and “My Family Tracker."
Articles in this section
- What is Holistic Security?
- What is Digital Security?
- Pictures with Identifiable Features
- The risk of Metadata
- Blurring pictures
- Camera Covers
- Meeting in a safe location
- Personal info in your Grindr profile
- The risk of connecting Your Social Media Accounts
- Chat Sessions are Saved on Both Phones (Yours and Theirs)