Wi-Fi hotspots in public places such as airports, coffee shops, libraries, and hotels are convenient, but too often aren’t secure. If there is no alternative option to using these insecure networks, and if there are no legal implications to do so, we recommend that you always use a virtual private network (VPN) on your phone. For more information about VPNs, check out the following links:
Articles in this section
- What is Holistic Security?
- What is Digital Security?
- Pictures with Identifiable Features
- The risk of Metadata
- Blurring pictures
- Camera Covers
- Meeting in a safe location
- Personal info in your Grindr profile
- The risk of connecting Your Social Media Accounts
- Chat Sessions are Saved on Both Phones (Yours and Theirs)