Clear metadata when you take a photo. Cameras automatically add metadata when you take a photo .This hidden info can include location, date, time, and location of the photo. Even if a photo doesn’t show your face or any other details that could expose your identity, a photo’s metadata can still be used to learn a great deal of information about you. There are many apps that remove this data for you before sharing photos with strangers.
Articles in this section
- What is Holistic Security?
- What is Digital Security?
- Pictures with Identifiable Features
- The risk of Metadata
- Blurring pictures
- Camera Covers
- Meeting in a safe location
- Personal info in your Grindr profile
- The risk of connecting Your Social Media Accounts
- Chat Sessions are Saved on Both Phones (Yours and Theirs)