Sharing your home address can be risky. Make sure you feel comfortable with someone prior to meeting. If you are ready to meet someone, try meeting at a place known to be friendly to LGBTQ+ people if there is one in your area. If you want to continue chatting outside of Grindr, consider using secure messaging apps that use end-to-end encryption. A few of these include: Wire, Signal, Jitsi, and Appear. Please note on Wire you don’t need to register with your phone number, you can simply register with an email address if you want to. In Signal, you can set a time for the messages to be deleted. After a specified period of time your conversation will automatically disappeared.
Articles in this section
- What is Holistic Security?
- What is Digital Security?
- Pictures with Identifiable Features
- The risk of Metadata
- Blurring pictures
- Camera Covers
- Meeting in a safe location
- Personal info in your Grindr profile
- The risk of connecting Your Social Media Accounts
- Chat Sessions are Saved on Both Phones (Yours and Theirs)