While attempting to restore your chats in your device, you may come across the following error: Please update the app to latest to restore the backup file.
This is caused due to having multiple Google Play Accounts in your Google Play Store and any of the accounts is still having an older version of Grindr installed in your device.
Please follow these steps to correct the issue:
- Go to Google Play Store
- Check into each of the Google Play Account you have added as follows:
- Tap on My apps & games
- Tap on the Installed tab and also check the Beta Tab if you are a beta user
- Search for the Grindr App into each account
- Uninstall the app from every Google Play Account
You may notice the following message indicating which account was previously used to install the app, whether you are a beta user or just have an older version:
Once you have uninstalled the app from every Google Play Account follow these steps:
- Reinstall the latest version of the app from the Google Play ID where you made your backup before
- Log into Grindr
- You should be prompted to restore your chats and chose the Google Drive Account where you made your backup
- Your chats should restore and you will see the confirmation message