Grindr’s mission is to provide a safe and secure space for the LGBTQ community anywhere to connect to and discover their world. As a company, we understand the sensitivities around privacy. With the latest iOS | Android version, you can set a 4-digit code that will provide you with an extra layer of security. This 4-digit code is called PIN.
Set up your PIN:
- Go to Settings
- Scroll down to the Security Section
- Tap on PIN
- Toggle on to Enable PIN feature
- Set the 4 Digits PIN number
- iOS users only: you can change your PIN code anytime once set. You will need to follow the same set of steps as when setting it up for the first time. Chose the option called Change PIN.
- PIN numbers set are not stored into our servers just like chats. We don’t store them for security and privacy of our users. So if you don’t remember your PIN code then you will need to reinstall to reset the config.
Having issues? Follow our suggested troubleshooting steps: