Users in our recent update for Android 4.1.0 will now have the ability to back up their chats and media. You can restore them when you reinstall Grindr. Your messages and media will also back up to your phone's internal storage.
Follow the instructions below to backup your chats:
- Tap into your Profile
- Tap Settings--settings will also appear as a "cog" icon on the top, upper, righthand corner of your profile photo
- Scroll down to the Chats section
- Tap Chat Backup (Here you can see information like the last time you did a Chat Backup and the current size of your inbox as well)
- Hit Backup Now
- Grindr will ask for you to "Allow" permission to view and manage your Google Drive files
- Choose the account for your Grindr profile
- You'll see a popup asking you to not close the app while your chats are backing up
- You're good to go once you see the message: Chat Backup Successful!
Note: Your backup will be restored as long as your original profile under your backup email is not deleted.