There are a couple of reasons you may not be seeing other users' profiles in your cascade or your inbox.
If the photo thumbnails in your chat stream appear as empty bubbles or loading spinners, follow the steps below:
1. From the Home screen, double-click the Home button to view the multitasking screen
2. Locate the Grindr Window
3. Swipe your finger from the bottom to the top of the screen over the Grindr Window
4. Restart your device
5. Open Grindr
1. Exit Grindr and go to your Android device's Home Screen
2. Go To Settings
3. Go To Applications
4. Go to Application Manager (this may be listed as Manage Applications on older versions)
5. Find and tap Grindr
6. Tap Storage and then Clear Cache
7. Now go back and tap Force Stop
8. Exit back to the Android Home Screen
9. Relaunch Grindr.
Then, chat with people near you and look through some of your recent conversations. You should be able to see and open photos in chat.
If you've noticed conversations disappearing from your inbox or users disappearing from your cascade, keep in mind that these users could have been banned from Grindr. When a profile is banned for breaching our Community Guidelines, we will remove their presence from the app until the ban is resolved.
If another user deletes their account, your conversations will be removed from your message history.
Alternatively, connection errors can occur because of restrictions applied to adult content by the administrators of your Internet Service Provider. Internet censorship may prevent users from accessing Grindr in the following countries:
United Arab Emirates
Unfortunately, we have very little control over this as these restrictions are controlled by the Government. We recommend either contacting the network administrator for more details or attempting to connect via another Wi-Fi network or 4G to see if this is indeed the issue.