If Grindr has not converted to Grindr XTRA or Unlimited after completing your purchase you will need to manually force close Grindr to trigger the conversion. De-selecting or turning off the auto-renewal of the subscription could also be a possible reason why it is not reflecting on your account.
If you're still having trouble with your subscription after reading these steps, please get in touch with us here.
- Exit Grindr to your Android device's Home Screen.
- Go to your Settings.
- Select Applications.
- Go to Application Manager (this may be listed as Manage Applications on older versions).
- Find and select Grindr.
- Tap Storage and then Clear Cache.
- Now go back and tap Force Stop.
- Exit back to the Android Home Screen.
- Relaunch Grindr.
Grindr should now have access to the XTRA / Unlimited features. If this doesn't work for any reason, please contact the Grindr team via support request and we will get your issue resolved as soon as possible.
A few things to note about iOS restore purchase:
Subscriptions can only be applied to one account, and you'll have 24 hours to complete the restore purchase process.
To restore purchase for iOS:
- Locate your profile on the grid.
- Tap on it.
- Select Settings.
- Select Restore Purchase.
- Force Close after completing these steps.
- On an iPhone X or later or iPad with iOS 12 follow Apple's instructions here.
If you purchased a subscription from iTunes and it's not expired yet, your subscription will be restored. If you already have a subscription to the app or your subscription has already expired from iTunes, no subscription will be restored. If you see the error "No purchase restored” please check your Apple ID Subscriptions Management. You will need to be logged into the Google/Apple ID that you have used to purchase the subscription. If you have more than one ID then log out of each of them & log back into the one which was used to make the purchase.