Telling someone they don’t look trans might seem like a compliment, but it can be very offensive to many trans people. The statement assumes that you know what trans people look like and that trans people all look the same.
Articles in this section
- If I’m cis and someone asks my pronouns, is it offensive to give a joking answer?
- If I’m trans and I’m in trouble, who should I call?
- How can I respectfully ask a trans person what they like sexually?
- What is gender identity?
- Can a trans person be gay?
- What does it mean to be cisgender?
- Is it okay to ask a trans person about surgeries?
- What does it mean to be transgender?
- Is it okay to ask a trans person about their birth name?
- What does it mean to be non-binary?