Telling someone they don’t look trans might seem like a compliment, but it can be very offensive to many trans people. The statement assumes that you know what trans people look like and that trans people all look the same.
Articles in this section
- How can I respectfully ask a trans person what they like sexually?
- Can a trans person be gay?
- Is it okay to ask a trans person about surgeries?
- Is it okay to ask a trans person about their birth name?
- Is it offensive to tell a trans person they don’t look trans?
- How can I put more than one pronoun on Grindr?
- Why do some people want to be called they?